Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thanks for the ride

On Sunday, we attended a multi-stake conference broadcast. We really enjoyed it, especially when Pres. Hinckley spoke. I particularly liked this quote that he talked about:

"Life is like an old time rail journey…. …Delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

It has been quite some ride since marrying Clay 4 1/2 years ago, one that has been interspersed more than occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. And now just around the corner is the arrival of a new baby and move number 15. I don't know where we'll be moving to; Clay has applied to a few different schools. And I don't know what the future will bring. But looking back, I think we have mostly enjoyed the journey, and I'm sure it will continue to be just as wonderful. I'm just lucky I get to share the road with 3 boys! (soon)

2 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow. You are truly an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing this quote! We get to hear the broadcast in February. I am really looking forward to it.

It's amazing where life takes you, isn't it? I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that He knows what is best for us....even though we can't see it sometimes. I too am grateful for life's journey!

Anonymous said...

15 moves--incredible! Just think how much of the world you've seen. You are truly blessed!
Kristine