Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ella


My sister Emily had her 5th little baby on November 24th. Her name is Ella May. She is so beautiful and tiny. Cole and Luke and I stayed with her all last week to "help out". Hopefully we were helpful.
Cole had a wonderful time with them; going to the park, doing Christmas crafts, putting on the play "Hansel and Gretel", playing in their big backyard and jumping on their trampoline, and always having someone to play "brother and sister" with. The 3 year old, Olivia, was so funny while we were there. She was amost always holding onto Cole and saying things like, "I'm so in-love with you" and "I have a secret crush on you".
A few times I took the kids, minus the little babies, on some outings and it was quite an experience simply because of people's reactions to me. Having 4 or 5 little kids with you as you walk through a grocery store is seemingly quite a spectacle. I got looks of pity, sympathy, etc. and lots of "whoa, you've got your hands full" looks. It gave me a greater appreciation for what my sister must go through every day.
She is an amazing mom and by the time we left she was totally ready to go solo and probably looking forward to it!

No comments: