Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year's Day


Clay was able to get some discounted park tickets through his work so we celebrated New Year's Day at Magic Mountain. It was all the boys' first time there and they had a lot of fun! Also, by coincidence, my dad was there with all the youth in his ward (it was a reward for those who had read the Book of Mormon last year). It was so fun to get to see him and my mom and Katie and Mikey.

We spent most of the day in Bugs Bunny land where we rode on this ride Tweety Bird style. The grown-ups all looked so silly in the cages (or maybe Clay and I were the only grown-ups riding.)


Part of the reason we had such a great time was because we never had to wait in line. We could just walk right onto any ride we wanted.

Luke went on tons of rides too. He usually had a very serious look on his face.





Cole and Luke as Elmer Fudd.



Thomas Town actually just has 2 rides. Cole got to ride on Percy over and over. Every time the ride would end, all the kids would say, "One more time, one more time!". And away they would go.



The other ride is Thomas, complete with coaches Annie and Clarabel. It's a nice slow train ride where you get to see Tidmouth sheds and the animal farm and Brendham Docks and such.

There were fun family rides that we all went on together and some that were really pretty thrilling. Cole went on this ride, Ninja, 5 times! I was shocked that he wasn't terrified by it. When I rode with him, I was the one screaming and he was just smiling and laughing.

4 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun! I am not a big fan of "thrilling" rides so to speak.. so go Cole!

Jaime said...

That looks sooo fun! You didn't even tell me that much about it. If Clay can ever get discounted tickets again we want to go with you too. :) Sounds better then disneyland!

Anonymous said...

Cole is so brave!! I am so glad we were there, too!! I love your pictures!! You are my besty!!
Mom

Unknown said...

luke and cole are definitely the most handsome boys in the world!

mikey :)