Monday, March 15, 2010

Practice makes...

Saturday was opening day of T-ball. We love it!!! Cole really enjoyed his first game and so did the rest of us. I love how light and fun it is; no pressure, no keeping score, juice box and banana at the end. Cole was so proud of his 2 runs! When grandma Suzanne asked him if he liked t-ball, she was surprised to hear him answer "no". When she asked him why, he said, "I don't like it, I lOVE it!". Then he said, "I like to make that joke." Which is true, he uses it a lot.

After his first practice last Thursday, I asked him to remind me what it was that he says about practice. We've all heard, "Practice makes perfect" and I've also heard a version I really like that goes, "practice makes permanent, perfect practice makes perfect." So Cole's rather unique version is, "Practice makes progress, progress makes perfect, perfect makes permanent." I'll let everyone ponder that for a while.


Cole and Megan (she's in his primary class and the only girl on the team.)

The Rays!


First time up to bat.

Running to first.

Hanging out on first.



Clay asked Cole after the game what he thought of it. Cole shouted, "I lOVE IT!" and then wrestled Clay to the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cole's T-ball pictures are sooo adorable!! I can't wait to watch him play!! Go Rays!!!

Love,
Mommy