Thursday, August 19, 2010

Do you speak Parseltongue?

I have been waiting for this time for so long. Ever since Cole was born I have been dreaming of the day......when I could read Harry Potter to him!!!!!!! I know my sister-in-laws have read them to their kids and I was always so anxious for when I could read them to Cole and he would be able to appreciate them. We started the first book last week and we have been loving it! I love the world of Harry Potter. As many of you know, the beginning of the first book talks about a trip to the reptile house where Harry unintentionally causes the protective glass to disappear from a snake exhibit. This is where he first discovers that he is able to communicate with snakes, meaning he speaks parseltongue.

Perhaps if I could talk to snakes, it would come in handy while we "babysit" this baby corn snake. Maybe then I could tell him to catch his own mouse outside instead of having to store some in the freezer! Yikes! He feeds on Thursday's and today being Thursday I had to thaw and serve a tiny pinkie mouse to this guy.



He'll only be here for a couple of weeks while some friends are out of town. But seriously, aside from the mice, we love this snake. It is like therapy holding it and watching it move and slither over your hand. We're thinking we'll get one maybe for Cole for Christmas. Maybe we could find one that's a vegetarian.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Actually, I would need some serious therapy if I was required to hold something like that and let it slither around my hand. The thought gives me shivers!

You're good, Amy.

Steph and Brandon said...

eeek!!! You're a nice mom!!! I can't believe you really had frozen mice in your freezer...remind me not to go for a frozen treat in the middle of the night at your house!!! Love you dimple face!!!

Jaime said...

SO I was thinking today maybe you could help me not be afraid of that snake and I could hold it. BUT after seeing these pictures and that snake again . . . . . aaaaahhh! It's sooo creepy. I'm so glad you have all this stuff and are braver then I am so my boys can come play with all these animals!