Saturday, June 7, 2008

Knott Berry Smart





Cole and Luke and I got to go with Clay and his class of emotionally disturbed boys to Knott's Berry Farm yesterday. It was so much fun and with a double stroller, having both the boys was easy. Clay's students managed to stay out of trouble too. Luke was very content laying back in the stroller, out of the sun, and Cole and I had a great time running to each of the rides. In the picture you can see what Luke's favorite ride was. We mostly stayed at Camp Snoopy but when I saw that there was no height requirement for the log ride in Ghost Town, I had to take him on it. I learned an important lesson from taking him on this "grown-up" ride: you shouldn't take your child on a scary ride just because they're tall enough, more thrilling doesn't equal more fun to a 4 year old. The log ride is basically the same as splash mountain at Disneyland, with the big drop at the end. I had forgotten there were two more drops earlier in the ride, one being in pitch black. After the pitch black drop and all the way until the end, Cole kept saying, "I hate this ride! I hate this ride!". As soon as it was over he said, "I never want to go on this ride again." I felt sooo bad. Hopefully I'll be a smarter parent next time. He got over his fright fast though and enjoyed going on some more of the child-friendly rides. I would have liked to stay a few more hours but we had to leave at 4:30 so the boys could get back to the school by 6:00. In my opinion, you should never leave a theme park before it closes.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

As a parent who has unintentionally scared my young children with something I thought would be fun, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! ;)