Sunday, October 25, 2009

A New Version of "Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar"

Who stole the Snickers, the Milkyways, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, the peanut M&M's, plus most of the Kit Kats from the 5.6 lb bag of Costco All Chocolate Halloween candy?




Who me?


Couldn't be.


Okay yeah, it was me.

I had the best of intentions when I purchased this bag of Halloween candy 3 weeks in advance. It has been my experience that if you wait until the day before Halloween to buy candy, you may very well be stuck with bat shaped pretzels or lemon heads or the like.

Well, you can guess what happened once the bag was home...I open the bag early for just a little sample, and the little sample turns into more little samples, until, well see for yourself, we're stuck with a bag of Almond Joys. Poor Almond Joys.

I warned Clay that this would happen. I asked him to please hide the bag from me back when I first started sampling peices. He never got around to it. So really, it's his fault.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

How shocking! That has NEVER, EVER happened at our house (right)!
Love you.

Clark and Liesel said...

That sounds like something I would do! Chocolate is my weakness for sure. I have a secret stash at my house that only I know where it is. Unfortunately it never lasts as long as I think it will because I eat it so much! So, you are not alone!!

Rebecca said...

You didn't eat the Almond Joys? What the....
That would be the first thing to go if I opened that bag.

Our bag is nearly gone as well, but there were no AJ's in it, so it wasn't me who ate it all!

Breanne said...

I think its totally a girl thing, the need for chocolate daily. I have to have some form of chocolate eveyday to satisfy my craving.

Were so excited to see you guys all dressed up Friday!

Megan said...

I hear ya Aimes, no worries. My mom had the good sense to buy a new thing of frosting when a couple days before a birthday party I informed her I opened the frosting to have just a couple bites. By the day of the party, it was pretty much gone. Oops.. ;) Love you!!