Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Cole and Luke had a great Halloween. We all had so much fun! On Friday, Cole's school had a costume parade. All the kinders were asked to wear black so they could all be spiders. Cole really enjoyed the Halloween party that his class had that day too. I love how school just enhances holiday fun. He made so many cute halloween crafts and halloween books, and they even had a pumpkin day where they each brought in a pumpkin to do math and science activities with.



That night we went to Steve and Breanne's Halloween party. Where to begin...it was just...wow! Breanne must have pulled some all-nighters getting their home ready. (I didn't take pics of the decor because I'm sure Breanne will post better pictures than my camera can take.) Anyway, Luke and cousin Connor had a blast playing in Blake and Malia's room, which gave me freedom to enjoy some of the amazing food. Breanne really thought of everything. Their place looked awesome, their costumes were great, and there was just tray after tray of deliciously spooky food and treats.


On Halloween, Cole enjoyed frosting some sugar cookies with his grandma and cousins.



Then we all drove to great grandma Lyla's and great grandpa Tommy's to deliver some of the cookie masterpieces and show them the kids costumes. Getting a picture of them all together like this was not easy. The big kids had to hold firmly onto the little guys.


That night we attended my parents' ward trunk or treat. Here's Cole and Luke crossing swords. Cole was a knight, in case that was unclear, (it does kind of look like a space suit), and Luke was our prince (bummer--he NEVER let me put his gold crown on him.)



There were fun booths set up for the kids. Here's Cole doing the donut eating contest.


There was a booth for making sucker ghosts.


He went fishing for a prize.


Made a caramel apple


and visited the haunted maze.


I had to get a picture of my parents, Kobe and Zorro. (I did my mom's Kobe tattoos, which I'm pretty proud of :)


Had to get a picture of this guy too, or Iron Man. He made a grand entrance after dinner and immediately got everyone's attention.


I don't have any picutures of the actual trunk or treating--Clay was passing out candy while I took Cole and Luke around and I just couldn't multitask like that. Luke kind of maybe understood what was going on a little. I asked him to say "trick or treat" at each car. His "trick or treat" went like "tic-a-buh".
We drove home early this morning. Here are the boys carrying home their loot.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Cute costumes! Looks like u guys had fun.. U should have had a picture of your costume. I wanted to see it. :)

Breanne said...

Aww Amy you are so sweet! I'm so glad that you were able to come, I really enjoyed chatting with you and seeing your cute boys!

The pictures of you and the boys turned out awesome at our "photobooth" I will get them to you soon!

ps. Cole looks so cute with his spider hat!

Suzanne said...

What a busy Halloween celebration! It really looks like your family had fun. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Clark and Liesel said...

Glad you guys had a fun Halloween! Your boys look so cute in their costumes!

Anonymous said...

Amy, what a wonderful Halloween you and your sweet boys made for me!! Thank you for my awesome tatoo!! It was a hit!!!
I love you,
Mom

Megan Lindsey said...

I'm calling you soon. I miss you and your family something awful. When are you in my area next? I'll be up in Pas area end of November so we must hang out then too!! I'm starting my blog again.... in case you still wanted to read it. ;) Love you!!

Megan Lindsey said...

P.S. AWESOME Halloween pics!! And I think you mama should get that tat permanently!! It's sexy!! ;-)