Monday, November 23, 2009

A sad little pilgrim


Cole's class did a Thanksgiving program last Friday. They sang four cute songs: Five Fat Turkeys Are We, This Land Is Your Land, Albequerque Turkey, and A Turkey Ran Away. I love Kindergarten!

Cole got throught the first 3 songs just fine, but by the time I took this picture, sadness had hit. He later explained that he was sad because at the end of the third song, he didn't hear me laugh. I did infact laugh, the song had a cute punchline at the end, but of course, he couldn't hear me because of the large, noisy crowd. He was expecting to hear his mommy's laugh clear as a bell. I assured him that I laughed and that helped him a bit.


After the song, the kinders walked to their feast. The picnic table looked very festive.


Oh no, sadness again! This time he is nervous about the food. His teacher encouraged the kids to try a taste of everything so he thought he really had to and was cringing at everything he saw being placed on his plate. His teacher quickly came along and removed the offending foods from his sight. He finally was able to eat some mashed potatoes.


It's just so hard to be a pilgrim.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Poor COle. I forgot to ask why he was crying. I don't think you pictures show how sad he really was. You'll have to laugh louder next time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cole's the most precious boy that there ever was!! He loves and adores you so much!!

Love,
Mom

Clark and Liesel said...

Your little guys are so sweet. Poor little Cole. He makes such a cute pilgrim, even if it is hard to be one. That is sweet he was really trying to hear your laugh with all the other people around!