Monday, April 18, 2011

"i believe in science"

Cole loves to participate in all things school. So when the science fair came around, with participation being optional, he opted to be a part of the fun. Clay and Cole decided on a mold experiment. For a month we had the pleasure of observing mold growth on bread.
Cole loved attending the science fair and showing his display board to the other kids and especially to his teacher. He waited with bated breath for his teacher to arrive so he could show her his work. He took me aside to where no one else could hear us and said, "Do you know why it's so important to me for Ms. Biederman to see my experiment?...Because she's my favorite teacher". He had to take me aside for this so that none of the other teachers would hear and have their feelings hurt. He is always overly cautious about others hearing something that could be hurtful, like when he waited til we were across the street from the school to tell me about the janitor, "Mommy, I loathe Mr. Ross. He never lets us eat our fill at lunch time".
Anyway, here's Cole with his project:


2 comments:

Jaime said...

So cute! Cole is one smart cookie! You are so creative to come up with the cute/scientific poster. I love the picture of Cole holding a magnifying glass.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Riley did the science fair in 6th grade - Cole is WAY ahead in the science field - great job!! -Kaelyn