Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Little Lamb



We had lots of wonderful Easter fun this last weekend. Clay and Cole went to Grandma Suzanne's house on Saturday for an easter egg hunt, some egg-dying and of coarse, some swimming. (I was feeling under the weather so I missed out.)

On Easter Sunday, Cole had his first experience with singing in Sacrament Meeting with the Primary children. I wasn't sure if he would really go up on the stand and do it, but he did! We are so proud of our little man! I love the words to one of the songs the primary sang called, "Jesus is My Shepherd":

Jesus is my Shepherd.
I'm His precious Lamb.
Tenderly He guides me,
With His gentle hand.
Calm are waters where He leads,
Green are pastures where He feeds me.
Jesus is my shepherd,
He love's me.

I had fun waddling up to the piano to accompany the kids, sensing what a spectacle I was with my big belly. I could tell people were nervous that I wouldn't fit through the small space in between the piano and the organ, but luckily, I cleared it. My mom spoke afterwards and did an amazing job! My sister Emily and her kids came to our ward too that day, so it was great to get some pictures of Cole with his cousins in their Easter best (especially since I am so crazy about taking pictures; I think it's become something of a sickness.)

After church we went to my aunt Kyle and uncle Larry's house for dinner. The food was wonderful and Cole got to participate in another egg hunt that my grandpa puts together for the grandkids every year. It's so wonderful to be with family!

Clay's 31st birthday was on Monday. Happy Birthday Clay! He spent his day relaxing, reading, and watching the Pirates of the Carribean trilogy. The birthday gift he really wanted was an MP3 player (one that plays secured WMA's) and after much searching he finally found it on the internet, so hopefully he can start enjoying that soon. Cole and I love him so much! He was offered a scholarship this week from BYU and found out that he's been accepted to Kansas. We feel very blessed. He needs to decide where to go soon though. Each place has it's advantages and disadvantages, so I guess we have a lot to think about.

2 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Happt Easter! What a little handsome man Cole is growing up to be! His Easter outfit is so adorable! That is so neat that the Primary kids sang in church! I always am so touched when our Primary kids sing, especially in Sacrament Mtg. So, are you the Primary pianist?

We are excited to find out where you guys decide to go for school. Good luck in the decision process! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thank you for taking the time to do this. You are truly great.
s