Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Showered with Blessings



My sister Amanda and I had a combined baby shower on Saturday. There was a good turn-out which is always my biggest concern. It was sooo nice to share the spotlight with Amanda instead of having all eyes on me. We both got so many nice things and our babies now have considerably larger wardrobes than we do.

I'm sure everyone already got Clay's email about USC. I am so proud of him. He feels so happy and relieved, but is still waiting to hear back from other schools to make any final decisions.

Cole really admires Clay. Sometimes he'll say to Clay, "Daddy, how do you know so much about the world?" Other times when he asks me a question that I don't know the answer to, I'll offer a few suggestions, and then he'll reply, "Maybe this is a good 'daddy question'". I agree.
While I'm talking about Cole quotes, he said something the other day when we were playing dinosaurs that made me laugh. All the dinosaurs were hiding under the bed from the T-Rex and Cole was explaining to me what was going on. His explanation went on for a while and I was left quite confused by the time he stopped talking. I didn't know what to have any of my dinosaurs do or say, so I said to Cole, "So what should happen next?" He responded, "You're the expert."

I love him soooo much! I love his daddy soooo much too.

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

What a fun baby shower!! That is so neat you got to share if with your sister! That is so fun!

Cole is such a cutie! I love the stories you tell about him! Congrats on USC! Thats wonderful!

Breanne said...

The shower was so cute! I'm so glad that I got to go. I can't believe that we will be meeting baby Luke soon, so exciting!!

Rebecca said...

Wish I could have been there. I love attending baby showers, but I hate being in the spotlight, too!