Sunday, July 6, 2008

Red, White, and "Blue Ribbons"




We had a fun and very exhausting fourth of July. We started celebrating at our ward's pancake breakfast. It was vital that we go to this so I could be sure to get a picture of Luke and cousin Connor in their matching outfits. Afterwards we went to the Del Mar Fair since Clay got free tickets from his school. Cole loved feeding the goats and sheep and especially enjoyed the monster truck show. He and I were really into the pig races too. He got to go on a couple rides and sample some classic "fair food". That evening we went to the park where my family was saving us a place to watch the fireworks. I love the firworks! I get chills every year as I watch them explode in the sky and hear them play "God Bless the U.S.A." in the background. I may be alone in this however, because Clay isn't a big fan of that song (I think it's because of the line "where at least I know I'm free" because freedom is a big thing), and Cole was scared that the fireworks would land on him. Well, overall it was a good fourth!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a great day! The pig races sound really fun. See you Friday.
Mom2