Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pirates



High School has been about two things for my little brother Mikey: basketball and musical theater. Maybe you could throw in a third: girls.
Cole and I went on a date to see Mikey as "Samuel" in "The Pirates of Penzance". We loved it!!!! I had never seen this play before or heard any of the music, except for the one song "I am the very model of a modern major-general". Does that ring any bells for anyone else? It was so fun.
I always leave a musical wanting to sing. Not just the music from the production, but...everything, every word. I feel to sing on my way out of the theater, "That was such a lovely play! Now shall we go home, but wait, we must stop at the bathroom first, wouldn't you agree, yes wouldn't you agree, yes wouldn't you agree..." to some sing-songy tune. I've asked Clay before if he thinks that maybe in heaven we could all just sing everything that we want to say. No speaking allowed. That would be heavenly for me at least. He makes fun of me for that. But still, I think it would be wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Amy, you are the cutest!!! I feel so honored to have my pic on your blog! :) I'm so glad that you were able to come down and see it!!

Mikey

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amy for coming to Mikey's play!! I loved it too!!! I love your pictures, you took there! thank you for writing my history!!!!
I Love You!
Mom