Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Ghost

Clay started a new job last week. He was literally picked out of thousands for this internship and it's a wonderful opportunity for him. I am so proud of him, which is why I brag shamelessly.

During the Tulane years, Clay was able to just be a student. He didn't have to work. This last year has been our first with him working full-time and being a full-time student. It's really something. We've managed somehow.

This last week, the first week of the new internship, was insane for him. He didn't get to bed until 1 or 2 in the morning every night (or should I say day?) last week. I feel so bad for him. He is exhausted.

He is kind of like a ghost in our house. He leaves before we wake up, we don't see him during the day, he gets home after we are asleep.

Clay, our ghost, can be found wandering through the apartment in the middle of the night, quietly getting his things ready for the next day. Sometimes you can hear him, sometimes you can see him. Sometimes this ghost will even kiss you while you are sleeping. But then when you wake up in the morning, he has vanished. There are signs of him around the house; a dish, a sock, a hanger. Yes, I think to myself, the ghost must have been here.

Poor Clay. I love him very much. At least he is a handsome ghost.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

School is difficult, but worth it. Won't it be nice, though, when Clay gets to graduate and just work full time? :) I'm excited for you!

Megan said...

Aw, the friendliest ghost I've ever heard of!! When does he finish? Then just working full time will be a breeze for him!! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome son-in-law/ghost, I have!! I am so proud of both of you!! Thanks in advance for taking care of me in my old age!!!! I know Clay will be sucessful and rich!!! JK!!!!
I love you,
Mom

Suzanne said...

Very nice picture! Sorry he is having to work so hard and doesn't get to be with the family much. I guess that is the price that must be paid to get off to a good start.