Saturday, September 19, 2009

Grandma Dorothy

My grandma Dorothy, my dad's mom, passed away two weeks ago. We loved her very much. She was a wonderful lady. One of her passions in life was quilting and I'm so grateful that each of my siblings and I have our quilts that she stitched for us so many years ago. It's nice to cuddle with those and think of her.
Her funeral was last Saturday. I did the piano, my little brother sang, the great-grandchildren sang, both my parents and my older sister spoke; it was really nice. My favorite thing that I learned about her was that she kept a notebook (that my dad found after her passing) that she titled "prayer list". In this notebook, the pages were filled with name after name of people in her life she needed to pray for.

Here's some of her posterity (my parents and siblings)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm sorry for your loss Amy. She was a really sweet lady.

Suzanne said...

Sorry that your family had that sadness. What a blessed woman your grandmother was to have such a wonderful posterity.