Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Goose"bumps

I'm going to put the picture for this post a ways down so that you only have to see it if you choose to scroll down.






People have commented that Cole's name for his spider, Goose, is an interesting choice. But I have recently found that this name is rather fitting because Goose can easily give people goosebumps. Last Sunday for example...





It was early in the morning when I walked into Cole's room, glanced at Goose's cage and screamed. I wasn't sure what I had just seen and I wasn't ready to take a second look. However, Clay came running in and together we confirmed that Goose had shed his skin. I had read about tarantulas doing this but I didn't expect it to look like this...





Yikes!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the most "buscusting" thing I have ever seen. Cole has one nice and brave mommy to get to have that as a pet.
I love you so so so so much!!!!

Rebecca said...

Eew! That's like a train wreck! I don't really want to see it, but I can't stop looking at it trying to figure it out. Sick.

If my kids ever ask for a pet again (which they will) maybe I can show them that picture and change their minds! :)

amanda said...

thanks for the comment on our blog! it is SO good to hear from you! hope all is well with your fam. that spider pic is so scary!

Megan Lindsey said...

Call me doll, I keep missing you. I have been talking to Clay more frequently however. Are you breaking up with me Amy? ;) Call me!!
When my hermit crab shed it's skin it's real body went so far up into his shell that I thought the skin was his real body and that he had died so I threw him away. Haha, so at least you didn't throw Goosey away!!

Suzanne said...

I still get chills when I see the tarantula skin. What a thrilling pet!

Clark and Liesel said...

Wow. That is incredible. You are so brave Amy! I am still trying to figure out which is which. Am I just dumb? They both look real to me!