Sunday, September 7, 2008

On Marriage

On Saturday, Clay watched the boys so I could help with the Prop. 8 campaign. Prop. 8 would be an ammendment to the California constitution that would state that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California. So the church has asked members to knock doors in our neighborhoods to find out if voters know what prop 8 is and how they would vote. I paired up with another lady in our ward and we knocked doors for four hours. I couldn't help thinking of Mark on his mission. I was surprised that no one was mean or rude to us. There were a lot of people not home, or people who hid when they saw us coming. But of those who answered their doors, it seemed like a little more than half were in favor of the proposition. However, we were in a very conservative town.

On a lighter, sillier note, I am very much in favor of marriage between humans and vampires. I have just finished reading Twilight, the first book of four by Stephanie Meyer (a BYU grad). The book is about Edward, an immortal teenage vampire, and Isabella, a human. Edward almost goes mad with his desire to drink Isabella's blood, but is soon overcome with a new thirst, a new need--to be with her, to be near her, to protect her. They fall agonizingly in-love, all the while knowing that Edward may lose control at any moment and kill her. It's a great book. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Megan Lindsey said...

This is my blog!! <3 you!!

Suzanne said...

I love the pictures (below) and the latest quotes from Cole. Thanks for the book recommendation. I am trying to get a copy of the series.
Love you!

Megan Lindsey said...

Oh well that sounds delicious!! Good idea!! How are you doll? I want to visit you guys soon. Maybe in the next couple days I can, Arcadia teachers don't seem to get sick so I may not have work!! ;)