Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Animalia


For those of you who don't know, our animal family has expanded to include two female dwarf hamsters. I had always thought that when it came to pets, I would never own a rodent, but these two hamsters are so adorable! Seriously, I am really quite fond of them. As I've mentioned before, ever since having little babies, I have had this inexplicable love and adoration for all creatures great and small.

Cole and I, and even Clay, love to hold them. They are approx. 2 inches of furriness and cuteness. Luke would squeeze them to death if he held them, so for now he just love's to watch them run through their exercise wheel and tunnel, and he love's to open and close the doors on the cage. Needless to say, we've had a hamster or two on the loose a few times...which is hilarious and fun, so much so that Cole let one loose on purpose today. The hamster that belongs to Luke is named Daphne (I got to name it) and Cole hasn't decided on a name for his. For now he affectionately calls it no name.


And just in case you are dying to see pictures of our other creatures (taken with our rather lousy camera)...here are Luke's male and female bettas, named by Cole Scaley and Scaley.


Goose, our rose-haired tarantula.



Goose's food: crickets



Cole has also come across a few dead bugs that he keeps on his dresser: a couple grasshoppers, a dragonfly, a moth, and a couple others we're not sure of.



And here we have the great "circle of life" atop Cole's dresser.

1 comment:

Amy said...

There really were some wonderful comments here made by wonderful people, but in my attempt to recover "cole quotes" I ended up deleting things.