Saturday, May 8, 2010

Some downtown fun

We got to babysit cousin Connor last Saturday which was so fun! I'm all about free activities so I thought we'd go explore downtown.
We started off at campus, touring the fountains. This was a little gamble, as I wasn't sure if Luke and Connor were old enough to actually obey my "don't get too wet" advice.


They were doing so good staying dry. I was very impressed with them.


This fountain, however, was a little more tempting...

and Connor just couldn't resist! (Aren't I terrible to hold off comforting him so I can take his picture?) It should be noted that it was a very hot day, and I wouldn't have minded being soaked myself.

Then we walked down to one of the science museums (FREE!) which has great "discovery rooms" which aren't the most scientific in nature, but fun for little ones.

Doing some gardening.

Riding on a camel at an Egypt inspired exhibit.

For this you have one kid on each end that they talk to each other through.

Another discovery room.

I love keyboards and mouses that are adapted for kids--so cute.

Luke getting ready to launch.

Totally worn out.

4 comments:

Steph and Brandon said...

Oh how cute!!! What a fun momma and aunt you are!!! I want you to babysit me, it looks like so much fun!!! I love you Amy!!!

Clark and Liesel said...

What cute little cousins! And what an awesome aunt you are to do so many fun things !

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are sooooooo fun!!! Also a great photographer!! will you babysit me??!!
I love you,
mom

Jaime said...

HMmmmmmm, I sure hope these fun places aren't by South pas and u have been holding out on me. :) I want to go. Where are these places? I am also COMPLETELY shocked LUKE wasn't the one soakin wet. ;) very impressive he stayed dry. You must have threatened him well. ;) I also LOVE the picture of Luke. Is that your building he is by?