Monday, May 31, 2010

A Spongebob Party

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Spongebob Squarepants! For Cole's 6th birthday we had a Spongebob party. My sister and brother-in-law were so kind to let us have the party in their spacious backyard!

Some of the decor: a banner (that I tried to make in Spongebob font, sort of worked) and Squidward looking thrilled to be at the party,

The pineapple house and Spongebob's pet snail, Gary,


Patrick Star,

Mr. Krabs and the Krusty Krab,

My favorite part of the decorations: the Bikini Bottom Art Gallery with contributions from all of the kiddos.


Once it was party time, Cole had fun greeting all of his guests. Here he is hugging his Great Grandma Lyla.

Clay was the master griller and did a great job grilling up some crabby patties (hamburgers) and chum (hot dogs) for us.


Cole provided some entertainment by performing a few of his favorite Spongebob scenes. Here he's performing "Bubble Stand", saying, "Now it's time to bring it around town..."

Here he's singing the song "To Love a Patty". I love the words: "Oh baby, they may call me a fool..."

Any true Spongebob fan knows that one of Spongebob's favorite things to do is JELLYFISHING!!! (These balloons were supposed to be jellyfish but the streamer legs didn't want to stay on--it was a windy day).

We weren't truly authentic and didn't use nets. I just made a simple fishing pole and found some pretty good prizes to attach to it at Party City for $0.50 each. Here's Lukey fishing for a prize (you'll notice his latest scrape above his lip from a fall on the playground.)

All the kids lined up for the pinata.

Cole taking his turn.

I had to include a picture of this. I asked my sister's husband if he had some rope we could use for the pinata and before I knew it, he was drilling a hole in his roof and attaching pulleys. It was the most sophisticated pinata set up I had ever seen. Thanks Todd!

Getting some candy.

Clay made a Spongebob cake for Cole.

Cole's favorite part: opening his presents. Clay and I got him a new bike (well, new to us) that fits him so much better! My mom had taken Cole earlier that day to make this monkey at build-a-bear. He loves it!

His sweet cousin Molly! She bought him this ball with her tooth fairy money!

It was such a fun day. Thank you all so much for all the wonderful gifts and birthday wishes.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, what a party! That gives me an idea for next year's reunion....

Steph and Brandon said...

Oh I've been waiting for this post...I couldn't wait to see these pictures!! It looks like it was an amazing party!! Your decorations are crazy good, you're an amazing artist!!I hope I have a kid who likes Songe Bob just so I can use your decorations!! I loved Cole's Sponge Bob outfit!!! You're so creative!! What a sweet mom you are to have such a special party for your boy!! I love you!! I love Cole!! Happy Birthday to Cole!!

Jaime said...

I LOVE IT! (Not sponge bob ;) ) But your decorations are AMAZING! WOW . . . . . when I do have to do a party I am calling u for help even if we are in NY. Save those decorations, I wouldn't doubt it if Cole wanted a sponge bob party again next year. You're amazing to do that.

Anonymous said...

My boys would have LOVED to come to his SpongeBob party! "F" is for Friends who do stuff together...

You are so clever and creative - great idea and I'm sure Cole was awesome saying his favorite parts from the show!! -Kaelyn

Breanne said...

I am still in AWE of Cole's party! I could see all the loads of time you put into it to make it AMAZING! You are so creative and clever. I'm so glad that we live close enough to go to eachother's kiddos parties!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....