Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jimmy's Christmas Eve


Well, this is at my parent's house as we're heading out to the car to drive to Jimmy's Christmas Eve party. Luke, along with the rest of the grandchildren, cannot pass by these jolly, dancing, singing snow men without stopping to dance a bit with them.


Luke goes right up to them and stomps his foot so they'll start moving.



Once we made it to the car, we drove to my uncle Jimmy's house. Every year my mom's side of the family has a big Christmas Eve party. For the last several years, it has been hosted by my mom's brother, Jimmy. His house was so beautifully decorated.



The food was so delicious. I love Jimmy's tradition of setting out a two pound box of Sees nuts and chews.




My favorite part of Christmas Eve is the music. Cole and Luke started the singing off with "Little Drummer Boy" (Cole did the singing, Luke did the drumming). My brother sang, some of the cousins sang, we all sang Christmas songs from the hymn book together, Jimmy sang "O Holy Night" which is always amazing, and my grandma and grandpa sang Silent Night, which is also a tradition. The singing was so fun and beautiful and I love how EVERYONE gets choked up mid-song and struggles to get out the words. That is what Christmas is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love reading your blog! what a wonderful christmas we had! I love going to Jimmy's, too! Thank you for recording everything you do! I now have such a wonderful family history because of you!!
You are the best!!
Mom